The Party Bebe – Toblerone Ice-Cream Cake
The Party Bebe
Toblerone Ice-Cream Cake
200g store-bought biscuits/cookies, crushed (I used Arnott’s Malt O Milk)
50g butter, melted
2 litres chocolate ice-cream, softened
(I used Connoisseur Belgian chocolate ice-cream)
200g dark chocolate
300ml thickened cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Method using Traditional Round Master
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and mix until combined. Place the biscuit crumbs into the base of your Delicake or loose bottomed cake tin, pressing down to ensure the base is even. Place the tin in the freezer while you prepare the ice-cream.
- Place the Toblerone into the food processor and process until the chocolate is crushed into small pieces.
- Pour the softened ice-cream into a bowl, add the crushed Toblerone and stir until the chocolate is mixed through.
- Take the cake tin out of the freezer and pour the ice-cream into the tin. Return to the freezer and allow to set. For best results leave in the freezer overnight.
- Place dark chocolate, cream and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high until melted and smooth. Allow to cool, remove the ice-cream cake from the freezer then pour half the sauce over the ice-cream cake. Return to the freezer and allow to set.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the sleeve of the Delicake or cake tin, slice the cake, pour the remaining chocolate sauce over the cake slices and enjoy!
Ps. To make the gravity defying Easter egg basket topper, I based it on the recipe in this week’s Woman’s Day magazine. I rolled a straw in melted chocolate and placed it onto a lined baking tray. I dipped one side of the eggs in chocolate and then placed them along the straw. I placed the tray in the fridge and once the chocolate was set I placed a wooden skewer inside the straw, added a basket to the top and then inserted the topper into the cake.